This chocolate mousse recipe from Delicious Low Carb, by Sally-Ann Creed, R295, (Human & Rousseau) is carb free so, if you’re a banter or simply looking to cut down on your sugar intake, this is the recipe for you
- 3 eggs
- 1T butter
- 175g good quality dark chocolate
- 1T coffee powder (dissolve in a tiny amount of boiling water)
- Chocolate curls, to decorate (use a grater or peeler)
- Cream, to serve (optional)
- Separate the eggs and whisk the whites very well.
- Put the butter and chocolate in a double boiler (or a bowl over a pan of hot, but not boiling water). Leave to melt, stirring occasionally.
- When the chocolate is completely melted, remove from the heat and stir in the egg yolks and coffee.
- Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour into 4 small cups or glasses and leave in the fridge to set.
- Decorate with chocolate curls and/or a dollop of cream.