- 150g Lindt dark chocolate (70 – 85% cocoa)
- 250g butter, softened
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150g sugar
- 150g flour
- 100g Lindt white or milk chocolate, chopped
- 100g dried cranberries
- Fresh strawberries and Ferrero Rocher chocolate balls, to serve
For the ganache:
- 250ml cream
- 250g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Butter a 20 x 30cm baking dish.
Melt the dark chocolate and allow it to cool; it must be melted but not warm.
- Fit your mixer with the paddle attachment, then whisk the butter until smooth; don’t add air. Whisk the melted chocolate gently into the butter until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time and whisk until combined. Add the sugar and whisk until combined. Fold the flour in carefully. Finally fold in the chopped chocolate and the cranberries.
- Scrape the mixture into the baking dish and smooth the top. Bake for 25 minutes; it will be slightly soft in the centre. Allow to cool before icing with the ganache.
To make the ganache: bring the cream to the boil. Add the chocolate and remove from the stove. Allow it to stand for about 2 minutes so that the chocolate melts slowly. Whisk until smooth and then pour over the cake. Allow it to cool. Garnish with the strawberries and chocolate balls.
This recipe serves 12 people