“I travelled to Kerala, a region in south India, a few years ago,” says art director Hema Nana. “While going through my photos, I started feeling a bit nostalgic, which is why I decided to create a tropical-inspired shopping page”
The phrase ‘God’s own country’ is perhaps the most apt way of describing Kerala. The area is lush and vibrant with a tropical flavour. The hilly east is covered with tea plantations while the west is fringed with Kerala’s famous backwaters, dotted with small villages. Ayurvedic massages and holiday resorts set the tone, where mornings are spent sipping flavoured teas and afternoons cruising through the backwaters or lakes.
The natural-look products represent the calming atmosphere, while the more colourful pieces portray the hues of the sunset.
- Marigold wooden mirror, R2 995, Loft Living BUY NOW
- Embossed metal photo frame, R150, Woolworths BUY NOW
- Sand dollar scatter cover, R599, Esque BUY NOW
- Teak fish statue, R3 495, Loft Living BUY NOW
- Euco console, R3 499, @home BUY NOW
- Rustic ribbed glazed belly vase, R199, Mr Price Home BUY NOW
- Jute diamond pendant, R960, Esque BUY NOW
- Bamboo pebble oval bowl, R45, Woolworths BUY NOW
- Bright stripe outdoor throw, R375, Woolworths BUY NOW
Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller – Ibn Battuta