Slip covers and durable furniture were top of decorator Lizette Sevenster’s list for a living room where three energetic boys roam freely
A married couple in Durbanville asked Lizette Sevenster of Renaissance Décor to create a living room where they, along with their three boisterous boys could unwind. It also had to be suitable for entertaining their friends, many of whom have young kids.
Lizette’s easy-living design elements:
- The jute rug is strong and naturally dirt-resistant.
- The slip covers on the chairs are washable.
- The boys can ride their scooters without damaging the durable cement floor or wicker sofa.
- The cluster of wooden tables is versatile – the smaller ones can double up as stools. Any wear and tear will simply add to their charm.
- The wool pouffe and floor cushion are playful elements that make the boys feel right at home in this more adult room.