Fabric paint, felt and fabric offcuts can be used in myriad ways to liven up plain scatter cushions
What you’ll need:
- Fabric paint from a craft shop (I used olive green/brown)
- A fine paint brush
- Felt or fabric offcuts in the colours of your choice
- A needle
- Thick cotton
READ MORE: DIY home decor: update a tea trolley
To update your scatter cushion:
- Remove the inner from your cushion. Place the cushion cover on a flat surface and put a piece of cardboard in between the front and back to prevent the paint seeping through.
- Paint a tree shape onto the cushion, applying the fabric paint with a fine paint brush. Let it dry completely.
- Cut out circles in white felt and place them on the tips of the branches.
- Cut out smaller circles in bright, trendy colours. Place them on the white circles and secure each one with a cross stitch. Tip: Using a thick thread will make the stitch detail stand out.
- Insert the inner into your revamped cushion cover. Tip: To give your cushions a more luxurious feel, use down-filled inners.
READ MORE: Paint DIY: Update a boring bedside table