Jane Wood of Gameal’s Cedar Cafe (012 460 9797) and her brother, landscaper Anthony Koury (083 263 1482), prepare an exotic feast that celebrates their Lebanese heritage
- 45ml bulgur wheat
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 200g parsley, finely chopped
- 15ml mint, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Soak the wheat in cold water to soften and drain well.
2. Mix the wheat, onion, tomato and herbs together, adding lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe serves 4.