Put a spin on classic roast chicken with Mediterranean Delicacies’ Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 1 whole chicken, about 1.6kg
- 2 lemons, halved
- Olive oil
- Milled pepper and salt
- 3-4 sprigs thyme
- ½ tub Mediterranean Delicacies Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 80ml softened butter
- Leave the chicken at room temperature for 30 minutes before it goes into the oven – preheated to 200°C.
- Mix the grated lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon with a little olive oil, milled pepper and salt, chopped thyme, sundried tomato paste and butter.
- Rub the mixture over the chicken and place lemon wedges into the cavity before tying (trussing) the legs together.
- Place on an oven tray, cover with foil and roast for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to cook for another 30 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside to rest before serving.