Combine the flavours of strawberry, basil and lemon to create the perfect summer drink
- 1ℓ water
- 5 Rooibos teabags
- 1 punnet strawberries, hulled and halved
- cup sugar
- 2 cups apple juice
- handful basil leaves, plus extra for garnishing
- rind of one lemon
- Boil 750ml of the water and make a large pot of Rooibos tea. Set aside and allow to brew for 3–5 minutes.
- Place the strawberries in a large jug.
- In a saucepan, add the remaining 250ml water, sugar and apple juice.
- Bring to the boil stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, add the basil and lemon rind and allow to infuse in the syrup for 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup over the strawberries, discard the basil and lemon rind and allow to cool. Add the tea and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour over ice and garnish with fresh basil.
(Makes 1,5 litres)