Enjoy the last of summer’s bounty with this healthy dish.
300g ready-made trifle sponge, sliced
40g apricot or peach jam
2 peaches, chopped
60g granadilla pulp
1 packet pineapple/ peach jelly powder
300ml boiling water
500g cream cheese
50g castor sugar
125ml cream, whipped
toasted coconut shavings
fresh peaches, diced
1. Make jam sandwiches with the trifle sponge and jam then cut into cubes.
2. Arrange the trifle sponges in the
base of individual serving dishes or
one larger bowl.
3. Top with the chopped peaches and granadilla pulp.
4. Place the jelly powder in a heatproof jug, top with boiling water and whisk well until the powder is dissolved.
5. Drizzle half the jelly mixture over the trifle sponge and fruit. Allow the remaining jelly mixture to cool to
6. Place the cream cheese and castor sugar in a mixing bowl and beat
7. Add the remaining cooled jelly mixture and whisk well then fold in
the whipped cream.
8. Spoon the creamy mixture over the sponge and fruit.
9. Cover and place in the fridge to firm for at least an hour.
10. Before serving, top with a dollop of whipped cream, toasted coconut shavings and diced fresh peaches.