Use ready-made or store-bought ingredients for super-fast, easy entertaining
- 15ml white and/or black sesame seeds
- 200g fresh micro salad leaves and herbs
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 6 red spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Mediterranean cucumber, halved, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 100g asparagus tips, blanched and drained
- 30g pickled ginger slices
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 20g fresh bean sprouts, optional
- 16–20 slices salmon sashimi*
FOR THE WASABI VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3–5ml wasabi paste, according to taste
- 5ml caster sugar
- 30ml rice wine vinegar
- 30ml light soy sauce
- 30ml olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- lime wedges
- To make the wasabi vinaigrette: combine the garlic and wasabi paste together in a small bowl.
- Whisk in the caster sugar and rice wine vinegar until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the soy sauce and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the salmon salad: heat a frying pan on the stove and gently toast the sesame seeds for 30–60 seconds or until lightly golden. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Place the remaining ingredients, except for the sashimi, in a mixing bowl, with 10ml of the wasabi vinaigrette and toss to mix. Add the sesame seeds.
- Arrange on serving plates and top with the salmon sashimi and serve with lime wedges and the remaining dressing.
COOK’S TIP: *Buy sashimi at your local sushi restaurant or supermarket. Use the accompanying pickled ginger in the salad and the wasabi paste in the dressing.