Looking for delicious summer dishes to serve these holidays? You can’t go wrong with these two when guests pop round
- 45ml olive oil
- 5ml crushed garlic
- 2–3 medium-sized aubergines, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5ml ground cumin
- 3ml cayenne pepper
- 10ml sesame oil
- 15ml white balsamic vinegar
- 45ml orange juice
- zest of ½ orange
- 125g feta cheese, cubed
- 50g pomegranate rubies
- 15g fresh mint, chopped
- 10g fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- To make salad: mix the oil and garlic together. Brush both sides of the aubergine slices with the olive oil mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the aubergines on an open grill in batches in a single layer for 2–3 minutes per side, or alternatively in a griddle pan. Arrange on a serving platter.
- Mix the cumin, cayenne pepper, sesame oil, vinegar, orange juice and orange zest together and pour over the aubergines. Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge.
- Bring to room temperature before serving and top the salad with feta cheese, pomegranate rubies, mint and parsley. Serve with the lamb cutlets or as a vegetarian alternative.