Try these easy-to-make flavourful dishes inspired by other cultures
- 250ml fresh cream
- ½ vanilla pod, seeds scraped out
- 500g Greek-style yoghurt
- 15ml icing sugar
- 2ml almond essence
- 50g flaked almonds
- 60ml honey
- 120g grapes, halved
- 100g halva*, crumbled
1. Whip the cream together with the vanilla seeds until fairly firm.
2. Fold in the yoghurt, icing sugar and almond essence.
3. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
4. Heat a dry frying pan on the stove and gently toast the almonds over a low heat for
1–2 minutes, or until golden.
Allow to cool completely.
5. To serve, spoon the creamy yoghurt mixture into serving glasses and top with a drizzle of honey, the grapes, halva and toasted almonds.
COOK’S NOTE: *Halva
is a traditional sweet made from sesame seeds and either sugar or honey and originated in the Middle East.