Grapefruit has fantastic fat-burning properties and is super hydrating, filling and packed with immunity-boosting antioxidants. For a well-rounded recipe pair it with Jungle Muesli. Remember to scroll down and enter our Jungle Oats competition
- 2 red grapefruits, cut in half
For the streusel
- 1 cup Jungle Muesli (any variant)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½t vanilla extract
- ½t ground cinnamon
- 3T butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- Mascarpone cheese or double thick plain yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Cut the grapefruit in half and loosen the segments with a sharp knife. Place the grapefruit halves on a baking sheet.
3. Mix all ingredients together for the streusel and divide between the grapefruits. Ensure the whole top of the grapefruit half is covered with the mixture.
4. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until streusel is lightly toasted.
5. Serve as is or topped with a dollop of mascarpone or plain yoghurt.
Chefs tip: For extra fruitiness add fresh chopped cherries or cranberries to the muesli mixture. Can be made ahead and then just baked in the before serving. This can also be done with oranges if you don’t like grapefruits.
Serves 4 people
JUNGLE OATS IS GIVING AWAY TWO NUTRIBULLETS + 10 JUNGLE OATS HAMPERS
2 Lucky readers will each win a Nutribullet worth R2 000, while 10 readers will walk away with a fab Jungle Oats hamper.
All you have to do to stand a chance is enter your details below and tell us which Jungle product is your favourite.
*Competition ends 29 January 2017