Serve this tasty chilled mint and pea soup with a dollop of mascarpone and a sprig of mint as the perfect start to a summer lunch
- 4T butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1T sugar
- 1 potato, cut into cubes
- 750ml chicken or
- vegetable stock
- 250g spinach
- 250g frozen peas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped
- fresh mint
- In a large pot, melt the butter and fry the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and the potato and pour in the stock.
- Bring to the boil and add the spinach and peas. Reduce the heat, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the mint and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and blend until smooth. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Cool completely then chill in the fridge.
- Serve chilled with a dollop of mascarpone and a sprig of mint.