- 5ml + 45ml olive oil
- 2 red peppers
- 2 large brinjals, sliced into 1cm rounds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 60g smooth cream cheese
- 45ml tahini
- fine zest of ½ orange
- 200g ricotta
- 45ml dukkah
- 60g pomegranate rubies
- 30ml mint, torn
- orange zest
1. Preheat the oven to grill.
2. Rub 5ml olive oil over the red peppers and grill them until the skin blisters, turning frequently.
3. Carefully transfer the peppers to a heatproof bowl and cover with a plate. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
4. Peel away and discard the skin and seeds. Cut the cleaned, roasted peppers into pieces and set aside.
5. Preheat a griddle pan until hot.
6. Brush both sides of the brinjal slices with the rest of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the brinjal
slices in batches for 2–3 minutes per
side and set aside.
7. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, tahini and orange zest. Mix in the ricotta and the dukkah. Season with salt and pepper.
8. To serve, build stacks of grilled brinjal, roasted peppers and spoonfuls of the cheese mixture, pomegranate rubies and mint. Garnish with orange zest and serve at once.