Get baking with these delicious recipes from Tru-Cape
- 50g butter, melted
- 50g frozen blackberries, defrosted
- 30ml castor sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 pears cored, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 sheets of phyllo pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the phyllo pastry into rectangles (12.5 cm x 11.5 cm).
- Brush half of the pastry rectangles with butter and place the remaining pastry on top of the buttered pastry. Then brush the surface of the pastry with the beaten egg. Draw a 1cm thick border with a sharp knife around the surface of the pastry.
- Heat 25g of the butter over a medium heat in a saucepan, add the pear slices and gently fry for 1 minute on each side, cool the slices slightly.
- Place the pear slices in the centre of the pastry ensuring not to go over the inner border. Brush the pear slices with the remaining melted butter and scatter the blackberries over the pear slices. Sprinkle over the castor sugar and bake for 13 minutes.
*Use Abate Fetel, Beurre Bosc or Conference Pears