We’ve given classic macaroni and cheese a posh makeover to turn it into a ‘grown-up’ party dish. Hit the deli to round up some ingredients for a simple antipasti platter and you’re all set for a stress-free supper with friends
- 8–12 slices Parma or Serrano ham
- ½ melon, cut into slices and deseeded
- 1 jar marinated artichokes
- 1 tub bocconcini balls*, torn into chunks
- handful watercress or micro leaves
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ a lemon
- freshly milled black pepper
1. Divide the ingredients between four serving plates or arrange on a large platter.
2. Drizzle the olive oil over the cheese and artichokes and squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over the dish.
3. Season with black pepper before serving.
*Cook’s note: Bocconcini are small balls of fresh mozzarella cheese. You can also add olives, caper berries, sundried tomatoes and a selection of other Italian or Spanish deli meats to the mix.
This recipe serves 4.