Owner of the coffee shop La Petite Tarte (021 425 9077), Cristiana Bosini draws inspiration for her entertaining menus from the years she spent living in Italy, Greece and France
- 5 medium-sized beetroot, cut into quarters
- 1 medium-sized butternut, cut into pieces the same size as the beetroot
- 1t garlic, finely chopped
- 1t fresh ginger, chopped
- 1T olive oil, plus extra for roasting
- 1T balsamic vinegar
- 1t sugar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small packet rocket, washed
- fresh goat’s cheese or feta cheese, to taste
For the dressing:
- 1t mild mustard
- salt, to taste
- juice of 1 small orange
- 1T lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
1. Place the beetroot and butternut in seperate baking dishes. Split the garlic and ginger between them and drizzle with a little olive oil. Cover with tinfoil and roast at 180°C for about 45 minutes until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine the vinegar, one tablespoon of olive oil and sugar in a frying pan. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and gently fry, tossing until the tomatoes are just soft. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix the dressing ingredients together.
4. To assemble the salad: spread the rocket onto a platter and top with the roasted beetroot and butternut. Top with the cherry tomatoes and chopped goat’s cheese or feta cheese. Drizzle with the dressing.
This recipe serves 6.