Owner of the coffee shop La Petite Tarte (021 425 9077), Cristiana Bosini draws inspiration for her entertaining menus from the years she spent living in Italy, Greece and France
- 3T olive oil
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 6 pieces of white fish
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 5 large tomatoes, cut into quarters
- small bunch of fresh basil, chopped
- 1t finely grated lemon peel
- coarsely ground black pepper
1. Heat 2T of the olive oil in a pan with the chilli. Add the fish, sprinkling it with salt and cook until just cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
2. Add the onion to the pan and sauté until pale and translucent, but still firm. Add the tomatoes and turn up the heat allowing the liquid to evaporate. Add the chopped basil, reserving a little for garnish.
3. Transfer the tomato mixture to a serving dish and top with the fish. Sprinkle with the reserved basil, lemon peel and 1T olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
This recipe serves 6.