Owner of the coffee shop La Petite Tarte (021 425 9077), Cristiana Bosini draws inspiration for her entertaining menus from the years she spent living in Italy, Greece and France
- 2T lemon juice
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 large salmon trout fillets
- 1T butter
- 2 cups cooked English spinach, drained and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1T olive oil
- chopped parsley, to garnish
1. Sprinkle a little of the lemon juice and some salt on the fish.
2. Spread half the butter down the centre of an ovenproof dish and lay one of the fillets of fish on top.
3. Mix the spinach, cream and Parmesan and season to taste, adding the nutmeg and half the walnuts.
4. Cover the fish with this mixture. Place the second fillet of fish on top and using kitchen string, tie at intervals to hold it together while baking.
5. Pour the rest of the lemon juice over the fish, dot with the rest of the butter and drizzle with the olive oil. Place under a hot grill for 15–20 minutes or until just cooked through.
6. To serve, remove the string, sprinkle with the rest of the walnuts, the chopped parsley and a little black pepper. Drizzle with more olive oil, if necessary.
This recipe serves 6.