Make the most of stone fruit season with Carol Alberts’ irresistible milk tart ice-cream sandwiches. Find more recipes using peaches, nectarines and plums at juicydelicious.co.za.
Similar to milk tart ice-cream sandwiches: Milk tart cookie cups
1 litre vanilla ice cream
1 star anise
4 fresh peaches
2t (10ml) cinnamon
rind of ½ orange, finely grated
80g white chocolate, melted
½ cup flaked almonds, toasted (optional)
1. Remove the ice cream from the fridge. Leave to stand for about 30 minutes to soften slightly.
2. Crush the star anise in a pestle and mortar, sieve out the chunky bits.
3. Dice 2 of the peaches finely.
4. Fold the star anise, cinnamon, diced peaches and orange rind through the ice cream.
5. Place in the freezer to set again for about 30 minutes.
6. Cut the remaining 2 peaches into slices.
7. Slice the doughnuts through, fill with the ice cream and sliced peaches and sandwich together.
8. Drizzle with melted white chocolate and scatter over the flaked almonds, if using.
More like ‘Milk tart ice-cream sandwiches’: Traditional Milk Tart