Caterer Tamsin Snyman of Bay Gourmet (021 790 3367), daughter of famous foodie Lannice, has inherited her mother’s confident charm and practical style – especially when it comes to entertaining
- 250g (about 8) crab sticks, thinly shredded
- 60g mung bean sprouts
- zest and juice of 2 medium lemons
- 5ml olive oil
- 1 medium red chilli, seeded and finely sliced into strips
- 5ml fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 90ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 30ml mayonnaise
- salt and milled black pepper, to taste
- 6 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- 12 wooden skewers
- flat-leafed parsley, chopped, to garnish
1. Toss all the ingredients, except the lettuce, together in a bowl and combine until well mixed.
2. Cut the iceberg lettuce leaves in half lengthwise and pile a little of the mixture on one end. Gently roll up to make a fat cigar shape. Secure the roll with two wooden skewers; one on either side.
3. Cut diagonally through the middle of the salad wrap to create two mini wraps and refrigerate. Serve chilled garnished with parsley.
This recipe serves 6 as a starter.