Try these delicious and traditionally South African dishes
- 300g Granny smith apples (approximately 3 apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1cm cubes)
For the crumble topping:
- 80g Demerara sugar (you can use brown sugar if you can’t find Demerara)
- 80g cold butter (cubed)
- 100g Sasko cake flour
- Zest of 1 lemon
For the cake:
- 1 Packet Sasko Quick Treats Vanilla Muffin Mix
- 1t ground cardamom (if you can’t find ground cardamom you can use cinnamon instead)
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 140ml sunflower oil
- 300ml yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 23cm spring-form cake tin.
- Place all of the crumble ingredients into a bowl and rub between your fingers until it comes together to form a breadcrumb-like mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, oil and yoghurt.
- Mix together the Quick Treats Vanilla Muffin Mix and the cardamom and then add it to the egg mixture.
- Whisk until combined and lump free, then spoon into the cake tin and even out the top of the batter.
- Top with an even layer of apple cubes before sprinkling over the crumble mixture.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 80-85 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the cake tin and serving with whipped cream.