Kitchens easily become dumping zones for post, schoolbags and other bits and bobs. Here are five tips to declutter and organise the heart of your home
1. Only keep appliances that you use on a daily basis on the counter.
2. Keep a pretty container on the counter for keys and other small items.
3. If you have the space, install an open shelf unit for post, schoolbags and lunchboxes.
4. If you have more than one utensil that does the same job, keep only the newer one.
5. Install a notice board or paint the back of a door with black chalk paint for children’s artwork, shopping lists and notices.