Together with Ariel, we’ve compiled a list of tips to help you keep upholstery and clothing looking and smelling great
Step-by-step for cleaning upholstery
- Vacuum the surface thoroughly with a handheld vacuum cleaner.
- Have two buckets at hand, one for hot and one for cold water. Add a cap full of Ariel Auto Liquid to the hot water bucket.
- Using a sponge, scrub the surface with the hot water solution, but don’t let it get too wet.
- Once the dirt has been loosened, dip a cloth or hand towel in the cold water and wipe the surface you’ve cleaned.
- If you have a wet/dry vacuum cleaner, you can give the surface another vacuum. Leave to dry.
Tips for cleaning clothing
- Don’t let stains set in. Rinse the item of clothing, then apply Ariel Auto Liquid directly onto the stain (the cap is designed to gently scrub the stain). Then, wash as normal.
- Care for your clothes and save on electricity by using cold water when you wash – the fibres will stay intact and the colour will stay brighter for longer.
- Don’t use regular chlorine bleach on your clothes. It’ll weaken the fibres and compromise the colour.
- If the weather is good, rather air dry your clothes (out of direct sunlight). The tumble dryer’s high temperatures can damage your favourite items.
- Lastly, iron your garments inside-out.
*Ariel Auto Liquid is available at your nearest major retailer.