Digital ed Carina Claassens put together mood boards to help her decorate her new apartment, and the bedroom is phase two
After decorating my living room (and following up on my previous post) I’m moving on to the bedroom.
I’ve been sleeping in my new bedroom but it’s currently filled with yet-to-be-unpacked boxes and doesn’t have a particular decor scheme. But, as a bedroom is a very personal space, I’ve decided to take my time with this one.
I want to keep it simple and uncluttered but with dashes of colour.
I was fortunate to receive a vintage chest from my grandmother. It fills space beneath a window perfectly and what’s more, it’s great for storing winter blankets and extra bedding.
Other than that, I don’t have much to work with. Cue mood board – it helps me visually put items together and see what will work and what probably won’t.
- Hexagon shelf set of 3, R699, Superbalist
- Double exclamation throw cushion, R220 – R250, Zana
- Natural wooden deer trophy, R675, Vintage Vista
- Glass table lamp base, R499.99, Mr Price Home
- Palmetto pine nut cushion cover, R249, Skinny la Minx
- Pietro throw, R1 099, Country Road
- Striped cotton throw, R350, Woolworths
- Loft pedestal, R1 399, @home
- Bamboo basket, R299 – R399, Pezula Interiors
- Retro pedestal, R899, @home
- Ellen honeycomb tub chair, R2 000, Mr Price Home
- Jacquard geometric rug, R1 500, Mr Price Home