Bringing together the very best of gardening, planting trends and outdoor living design, this year’s Cape Town Flower Show is an event not to be missed
The Cape Town Flower Show brings all your landscaping, gardening and floral needs to one spectacular setting, from 27 to 30 October 2016. With a focus on beauty, sustainability, local food, culture and community, the annual lifestyle show taps into a young and vibrant gardening culture.
What to look forward to
- Show gardens – a definite highlight, marvel at more than 20 show gardens, designed by the country’s top landscape architects and designers.
- Floristry – attend workshops and demos in the Floral Theatre, and watch the first-ever MasterFlorist™ competition live.
- Flowers in art – a unique curation of flora and fauna represented in South Africa’s finest paintings, ceramics, etchings and other artistic mediums.
- Horticultural exhibitions, nurseries and seeds – a wide range of experts will be on hand to give you advice, and a wide variety of seeds, plants and gardening products will be on sale.
- Food and drinks garden – sample and buy from artisanal food producers while you sip on a delicious drink. From craft beers and bubbly to non-alcoholic options.
- Workshops and demos – there’s something for everyone, from keen and novice gardeners, right through to the kids. Expect planting tips, floral arrangement demonstrations, biomimicry, orchid care and so much more.