- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 5T roughly chopped sage, thyme or rosemary, plus extra for garnishing
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2t salt
- ½t freshly ground pepper
- 250ml cream or stock
- Slice the potatoes thinly and season with salt, pepper, garlic and herbs.
- Line them on their sides so that the slices are vertically (this will allow them to crisp a little).
- Pour over the cream or stock.
- Bake for 45mins – 1 hour or until a knife inserts effortlessly.
Cook’s tip: You want the liquid to have evaporated by the time the potatoes are cooked and the tops of the potatoes to have a lovely crispiness.