Miranda and Christophe Dubois of L’Epis Dore French Bakery and Cafe, enjoy entertaining friends at long lunches that are simple yet delicious
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 45ml olive oil
- 15ml red wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- 250g fresh green asparagus
- 100g butter, melted
- juice of 1 lemon
- 700g smoked salmon trout, sliced
- 40g chives, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Bake the potatoes in the oven for 1 hour or until cooked and allow to cool. Cut them in half, scoop out the flesh and combine with the chopped onions, olive oil, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper. Mash until creamy.
2. Clean the asparagus and boil for 5 minutes until tender, then drain. Pan-fry the asparagus in the butter for 2 minutes and then add the lemon juice.
3. To serve: arrange the slices of salmon trout on a plate with the potato dressing garnished with chopped chives and the asparagus spears drizzled with the rest of the lemon butter.
This recipe serves 8.