Freshen up your repertoire with these delicious, easy-to-make dishes
- 60g butter, softened
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 60ml passion fruit pulp
- 200ml milk
- 60ml cream
- 45g self-raising flour
- icing sugar, for dusting
- vanilla ice cream, frozen yoghurt
- or lemon sorbet
- fresh mango slices and passion fruit, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 15cm x 23cm ovenproof baking dish or 6 individual ramekins.
- Place the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, and using an electric mixer, beat until the mixture is pale, light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the lemon zest, juice and passion fruit pulp. Add the milk and cream and sift the flour over mixture and stir until combined.
- Place the egg whites in a spotlessly clean mixing bowl, and using an electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the passion fruit mixture until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish or the ramekins. Place the dish or ramekins in a baking pan. Pour boiling water into the pan, so that it comes halfway up the sides of the dish. Bake uncovered, for 45 minutes for a large pudding, or 25–30 minutes for individual puddings or until just firm on top. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- To serve: dust the top with icing sugar and serve with ice cream and fresh fruit, if desired.