For the buttermilk panna cotta:
- 500ml cream
- 2 vanilla pods, split
- 75g caster sugar
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine
- 300ml buttermilk or yoghurt
For the orange salsa:
- 2 oranges, peeled, segmented and chopped
- 10ml orange zest
- 5ml orange blossom water
- 45ml honey
- 30g pomegranate rubies
- Orange segments, pomegranate rubies and fresh mint
- To make the buttermilk panna cotta: place the cream in a saucepan with the vanilla pod and its seeds. Bring to a gentle simmer, then turn off heat. Add the sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the leaf gelatine in a bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Remove the softened gelatine and squeeze out any excess water. Add the gelatine sheets to the warm cream mixture and stir to dissolve. Remove the vanilla seeds.
- Place the buttermilk or yoghurt in a mixing bowl and gradually stir in the warm cream mixture.
- Pour the mixture into 6 x 125ml greased dariole moulds. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- To make the orange salsa: combine all the ingredients and leave to stand for 30 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
- To serve: invert the panna cottas onto serving plates and garnish with the fresh orange salsa, orange segments, pomegranate rubies and fresh mint.
COOK’S TIP: Serve the orange salsa over thick Greek-style yoghurt as a light dessert or breakfast dish.
This recipe serves 6 people