These sweet treats from SASKO make for easy entertaining over the Easter break
- 8 slices of SASKO Premium White, Best of Both or low Gi White Bread
- 50g butter (at room temp)
- 50g raisins
- 2 eggs
- 300ml milk
- 100ml cream
- 50g sugar
- 1t vanilla
- ½t Allspice mixed with 1T sugar
- Cream/custard to serve
- Butter all 8 slices of bread and cut each piece into 4 triangles.
- Lay the triangles, point side facing upwards, into a medium sized baking dish in layers, scattering raisins between.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla and pour over the bread.
- Lastly sprinkle over the spiced sugar.
- Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes while you preheat the oven to 180C.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 min.
- Serve hot with cream or custard.
Variation: For a chocolate-orange version: Use chocolate chips instead of raisins and orange zest instead of allspice
This recipes serves 6