Last updated on 14 Oct 2016
Landscaper Neville Orsmond shares his top tips for water features. You can also see the landscape plan for the oriental garden featured in our July 2015 issue
NEVILLE’S TIPS FOR WATER FEATURES
- As leaves can block the pump, don’t position a water feature too close to deciduous trees.
- Use a proper waterproofing product and avoid square corners where leakage often occurs and dirt collects.
- Paint them a natural colour to hide dirt that collects at the bottom.
- If you want a clear effect, paint them light grey.
- Allow for easy access to the pump so that it can be cleaned easily.
- Make sure the pump specs are correct. A large pump will prevent water spillage.
- Link the water mains to the feature so that it’s easy to fill it up.
Create a Landscape 082 319 6033 or createalandscape.co.za