An indoor herb garden is a wonderful decorative feature and allows you to protect sensitive plants over the warm months.
Create a herb garden with the cutest hanging herbs in just three steps.
What you will need:
- 500mm preserving jars
- 20 cm x 20 cm, 9 mm-thick plywood squares
- Leather straps
- Staple gun
- Gold upholstery nails
- 3 m velcro picture-hanging strips
- Using a ruler and pencil, measure 8 cm in from one corner of the timber square. Repeat on the opposite corner.
- Place the jar in the middle of the square, in between the two marks, so that it is diagonal to the square.
Lay a leather strap over the middle of the jar. Hold one end of the strap over one mark and staple in place. Repeat on the other end, pulling the strap tight to ensure that the jar is held tight.
- Place a gold nail over the staple on one side of the leather strap and hammer in place.
Repeat on the other side. Make as many timber jar vases as you require and hang them on the wall using velcro hanging strips.