One of the easiest ways to give your home an update is to reshuffle the items on storage units and open and floating shelves. It also gives you the opportunity to turn clutter into an attractive display
- Open shelves like these ones lend themselves to striking displays. Choose a colour theme that’ll fit in with the rest of the room and then arrange the shelves with items like books, ornaments, vases and collectables. Shelving by Stockhome.
- Freestanding units are also ideal for creating focal points with a few well-chosen accessories. Unit from Weylandts.
- Don’t ignore the potential of built in storage units. To make the divisions and ornaments stand out, paint the back of the unit in a contrasting colour. Décor by By Dezign Interiors.
- Contemporary homes often have a combination of wall mounted and built in storage space. Make the most of this by filling the spaces with accessories with bold shapes and interesting textures. Décor by Oniroco Interiors [email protected]
- Kitchen shelving is an obvious place for attractive displays. A one colour theme looks very effective especially if it complements the colour of the cabinets. Décor by Lee Moon Interiors.