Last updated on 18 Oct 2017
Recycling a few well-loved pieces of furniture gave this town house in a secure estate in KZN a fresh contemporary look
Tips on downsizing
- Be ruthless. Only take what will fit and what you really need or love.
- Square works better than round in a smaller space.
- Sliding cupboard doors in the bedroom are a great space saver.
- Declutter not only your kitchen cupboards and garage but also your wardrobe before moving.
- Design your new, smaller space for you and not for visitors. Having an extra bedroom or bathroom that will only be used a few days a year is a waste of money and space. Friends and family can stay in a B&B.