Editor Mary Jane Harris is mad about the natural reclaimed and raw timber furniture that we’re now seeing in all the furniture shops. “It suits both traditional and contemporary styles of furniture, fits in with most colour schemes and looks particularly chic when combined with metal”
Here are some of my favourite pieces:
- I know it’s not made of wood but isn’t this rug divine? It would make a great focal point in a living room. Bark rug, R5 200/m2, Gonsenhausers Fine Rugs.
- Make a room come alive with a statement mirror. Reclaimed pine mirror, R8 500, SHF.
- Understated but ideal for giving a room a contemporary edge. Natural hanging lamp, R1 895, Loft Living.
- Perfect for dining and living rooms and would look very romantic in a bedroom. Bow fronted chest of drawers, R15 995, Trade Secret.
- A versatile chair like this could work in a dining room or in an office. Paindane chair, R1 800, Homewood.
- If you’re not keen on too much wood, add a small touch with these candleholders from Mr Price Home. Hurricane base, R159,99, and tall Hurricane, R259,99.
- Hardwearing but very stylish, this coffee table would complement any decor style. Denver coffee table, R4 995, Sofaworx.
- Add an instant rustic feel to your kitchen with the freestanding Alexander Kitchen Island, R14 995, from Block & Chisel.