I found myself with a little free time this weekend, so my husband and I decided to put together a coat rack with some cute doorknobs we found at a second-hand shop in Clarens, says production manager Patricia Pieterse
This is a fairly quick and easy project, so it’s perfect if you only have a few hours available.
There are some great knobs to be found on Spree.co.za and Poetry.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Piece of wood
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Drill bit the same size as the central screw on your doorknobs
MAKING THE COAT RACK:
- Measure the wood and mark the points where you want the knobs so they’re evenly spaced. Meddlesome cat is optional.
- Stabilise the wood and drill the holes.
- Because our wood was brittle and old, we used washers to distribute the pressure of the knobs.
- Insert the doorknob into the hole in the wood, add the washer and tighten the nuts to stabilise the doorknob.