Last updated on 11 January 2017
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1T white wine vinegar
- ½t salt flakes
- 1T fresh dill chopped
- ½t caster sugar
- 8 slices whole meal bread
- Butter for spreading
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 carrot, sliced with a vegetable peeler
- Combine the cucumber, vinegar, salt, dill and sugar.
- Spread the bread with butter and cream cheese. Cut rounds out of the bread with a scone cutter.
- Top each round with a slice of cucumber and carrots and top with the remaining bread rounds to make sandwiches.
COOK’S TIP: The cucumber can be sliced with a vegetable peeler for thin slices.
(Makes 8 sandwiches)
Irma’s top baking tips:
- Know your methods
- Use the best eggs you can find
- Only use caster sugar and real butter
Tips for tea making
- Use a good quality tea strainer
- Warm the pot
- Allow time to brew
High Tea 021 797 1421 or hightea.co.za