A simple and effective watering system can be made using a raised bucket or drum attached to sprinkler hose.
If you’re gardening in an area with limited access to water, this is a good option. Try this bucket irrigation system to save you water. Ideally, set up one bucket system per bed.
MORE WATER SAVING: 46 Water-Wise plants for your garden
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong bucket. If you can buy one with a tap on the side so much the better
- Plastic tap
- Length drip irrigation hose
- Bricks or logs to raise the bucket
SAVE MORE WATER: A guide to waterwise gardening
HOW TO DO IT
- Drill a hole in the side of the bucket. Using a sharp knife, enlarge it bit by bit until the tap can be squeezed into it.
- Place the bucket on logs next to the bed.
- Attach the hose to the tap and lay it evenly across the surface of the bed.
- Plug the end of the hose with the stopper. Fill the bucket with water and turn tap on.
READ MORE: DIY clay pot irrigation system