Find out what your collectables are worth…
WRITE IN AND WIN
Every month we give away a prize for the most valuable or interesting antique item sent in.
Send in clear photographs of collectable items to Treasure Chest, SA Garden and Home, Box 3124, Parklands 2121. Due to the volume of mail we are unable to respond personally or return photographs.
Send e-mail submissions to email@example.com. Pictures must be sent as separate attachments at a size between 1MB – 2MB. Only one submission per reader will be accepted.
If you’re considering submitting photos of your antiques, remember that good quality images will help our experts make an accurate assesment. Follow these guidelines:
- Place your item against a neutral background in plenty of light.
- Cut out as much extraneous background as you can, but include the whole item.
- If you don’t have a tripod, steady the camera on a table or chair.
- Place the camera on its highest setting to ensure the best size and quality and switch off the flash.
- If applicable, include additional photographs of details that may assist our experts to identify/value the item. For example, silver stamps or artist’s signatures.
- Photographs should be between 1 – 2MB. (Photographs at a size less than 1MB cannot be used.)