Last updated on 10 Jan 2019
This tangy dessert from Real Food, Healthy, Happy Children, by Kath Megaw, R335, (Quivertree) is perfect for cooling down this summer plus it has less than five ingredients!
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup xylitol
- 4 cups chopped strawberries
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Prepare an ice bath large enough to fit a small metal mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat, combine the water and xylitol. Stir until the mixture begins to boil and the xylitol has completely dissolved. Transfer the syrup water to a small metal mixing bowl and set over the ice bath and set aside to cool.
- Purée the strawberries, lemon juice and cold syrup water in a powerful blender or food processor. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and cover tightly. Freeze until firm (about 3 to 4 hours), stirring with a fork every hour.
- Per serving: energy: 36 kcal protein: 1g fat: 0g carbs: 7g ratio: 0.0:1