Guests arriving soon? We show you how to quickly spruce up your spare room by adding some fresh colour and a few accessories
1. Start by investing in luxurious sheets. “Not everyone can afford down duvets and Egyptian cotton, but remember that linen with a higher thread count usually guarantees quality and therefore durability,” says Carien van Eeden of Revival Interiors & Renaissance Decor. Start with a neutral base like white linen, then add colour, pattern and texture with lampshades, scatters and throws.
2. If you have the space, create a comfy sitting or reading area. Add a basket filled with magazines, a couple of books and a water carafe and glasses. Sweets and biscuits will also be appreciated.
3. Scatter cushions are a great way to add fresh colour if you stick to neutral or white bedlinen. Be sure to add a light cotton throw for cooler evenings.
4. As a guest it’s a treat to find gorgeous scented candles, soaps, bath salts and foam bath. Invest in some beautiful, fluffy hand towels and bath sheets.
5. Nothing says ‘welcome’ like fresh flowers. It’s also a great way to add a splash of colour to a neutral room. A pretty container or bowl for guests’ jewellery is always handy and remember a two-point plug for cellphone chargers.