The ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon combine beautifully in this tasty salad
- 1 butternut, chopped
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2t crushed fresh ginger
- 1t nutmeg
- 2t cinnamon
- 4t brown sugar
- 6T olive oil
- 2T wholegrain mustard
- 1T lemon juice
- ½t Tabasco
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 125ml pine nuts or almonds
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 200g couscous
- 2T fresh coriander leaves, torn
- Heat the oven to 220°C.
- Place the chopped butternut and onions on a baking tray. Mix the ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, olive oil, mustard, lemon juice and Tabasco and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pine nuts or almonds to the butternut and onions and drizzle with the spice mixture.
- Roast for 20–25 minutes. Add the chickpeas and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Prepare the couscous according to the instructions.
- Mix everything together and serve sprinkled with the coriander leaves.