- 15ml olive or avocado oil
- 500g pork, beef or lamb sausages
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 3ml smoked paprika
- 180ml beef stock
- 1 (410g) tin diced tomatoes
- 1 (410g) tin lentils
- salt and milled black pepper, to taste
- 100g kale or spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- creamed polenta or mashed potatoes
- green beans or seasonal vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the olive or avocado oil in a pan and brown the sausages for about 1–2 minutes per side. Transfer the sausages to an ovenproof casserole dish and set aside.
- Return the pan to the stove and fry the onion, garlic and carrots over a very low heat for 7–8 minutes, or until softened.
- Increase the heat and stir in the smoked paprika, beef stock, and diced tomatoes. Cook for 3–4 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the lentils and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the sausages, cover and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the kale or spinach leaves, cover, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with creamed polenta or mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables of your choice.