This tangy dessert from Real Food, Healthy, Happy Children, by Kath Megaw, R335, (Quivertree) is perfect for cooling down this summer plus it has less than five ingredients!
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup xylitol
- 4 cups chopped strawberries
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Prepare an ice bath large enough to fit a small metal mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat, combine the water and xylitol. Stir until the mixture begins to boil and the xylitol has completely dissolved. Transfer the syrup water to a small metal mixing bowl and set over the ice bath and set aside to cool.
- Purée the strawberries, lemon juice and cold syrup water in a powerful blender or food processor. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and cover tightly. Freeze until firm (about 3 to 4 hours), stirring with a fork every hour.
- Per serving: energy: 36 kcal protein: 1g fat: 0g carbs: 7g ratio: 0.0:1